I've never been a fan of Facebook or Myspace, seemed like a gigantic waste of time to me. My best example of this was when I was on msn and a friend of mine decided to tell me that they posted a comment on my myspace(when it was the great and glorious fad of highschool), it was at this moment I realized how utterly retarded it was. It's like climbing all the way up a tall mountain to speak to the hermit that lives up there and instead of speaking to him you hand him a piece of paper that simply has "Hi" on it and then climb back down again before he can answer you. Why on earth would you tell me that you left a comment when you could of simply told me what you wanted to say in the first place?
But I don't hate all sorts of internet messengers. Just redundant ones like facebook where its more about "loook at meeee!!!" than actual communication. I actually frequently use MSN and in my youth, AIM ICQ and Yahoo. I had accounts for all of them because for some goddamn reason the whole world can't agree on using a single client. While Australia predominately prefers MSN (hell I bet a lot of people don't even know about the others) back when I bothered with that kinda crap there was quite literally a different program for every continent. Western Europeans preferred ICQ for some god unholy reason(seriously what a piece of...) while eastern Euro's preferred MSN. Then when you jump over to the USA, the West coast preferred MSN. Central America preferred Yahoo and the east coast preferred AIM.
Thank god for programs like Trillian that let you use all of those at once.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment